About Oasis Insurance
Oasis Insurance is a leading insurance provider, with the aim to make insurance simple. Oasis Insurance uses the tag line, “Simple Insurance, there for you in your time of need.” The business operates a customer centric approach, with a particular focus on the journey of our customers pre purchase, while on cover and post purchase.
What information do we collect about you?
With any product we offer at Oasis Insurance whether you request a quote or purchase a product, we collect your name and contact details. This may include, but not be limited to address, email, phone number or date of birth. In some cases this may also include medical history.
For Travel Insurance, we collect the following information: name, title, address, contact details, date of birth, trip information such as destination, medical history and payment details. Further data may be collected depending on how you make contact with us.
When visiting our website we record your IP address, when you visited, which pages visited, plus information regarding your device, operating system and browser. This is commonly gathered data by websites utilizing tools such as cookies and web beacons.
All data collected when applying for an Oasis Insurance product or service will be used to help benefit you and tailor any communications with you. We will also only offer you products and services with which you may be interested in, subject to you choosing to receive marketing.
What do we do with your information?
For our insurance products we will have an obligation as a provider of the contract to;
- Provide you with a quote, automated decision by evaluating risk and matching you with the appropriate policy and premium.
- Administer and service your policy.
- Provide you with insurance and fulfil any contractual obligations.
- Process any insurance renewal.
Where Oasis Insurance has your permission (‘consent’), we will only send you offers or products which are relevant to you and you may change your mind at any point. Where we have a justifiable reason (‘legitimate interest’), although not limited to, we may provide you with a renewal quote, enhance or improve your experience with us, undertake market research, prevent fraud and assist in training, quality assurance and compliance.
Who do we share your information with?
With any information collected, we do not sell this to anyone. Information may be shared with trusted partners, service providers and regulators such as marketing agencies, web hosts, subsidiary companies who provide a service, regulatory bodies, courts, law enforcement agencies or partner companies who will handle complaints, queries or claims.
What are your rights?
With any personal data held, you are in control and have the right to ask us not to process your data for marketing purposes.
- The right to be informed – If you have given Oasis Insurance permission to use some of your personal details, it is your right to withdraw this at any time.
- The right of access – It is your right to request a copy of all personal information we hold about you.
- The right to rectification – Individuals have a right to rectify personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete, meaning if you believe we do not have the most up to date information about you, please get in touch.
- The right to erasure – If following your consent to use your data, you have a right to request the deletion or removal of personal data.
- The right to restrict processing – Individuals have the right to request the restriction or suppression of their personal data.
- The right to data portability – This allows individuals to obtain and reuse their personal data for their own purposes across different services.
- The right to object – UK GDPR gives individuals the right to object to the processing of their personal data in certain circumstances. For example individuals have an absolute right to stop their data being used for direct marketing.
Transferring information outside of the European Economic Area (EEA)
We may transfer your personal data to destinations outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Before we do we will ensure it is treated securely, take steps to protect your personal information and in accordance with any regulations.
We keep your personal information secure
We take the security of your personal data extremely seriously, therefore will take all reasonable stops to protect your data. We ensure all personal details under our control we utilize technology, rules and measures to mitigate and protect personal information from getting in to the wrong hands.
How long do we keep your information for?
Any data stored will not be retained for longer than is necessary. Unless we are required to retain the data for a longer period due to business, legal or regulatory requirements, the retention period will be seven years following the expiry of an insurance contract or business relationship with you.
A website cookie is a small block of data created by a web server while a user is browsing a website. Cookies are placed on a user’s computer and enable web servers to store stateful information such as items added to a shopping cart in an online store, or track a user’s browsing activity via a website. For more information, including how you can manage cookies, please see our cookies policy.
Third Party Policies
ERGO Travel Insurance Services Ltd, policy administration: https://www.ergotravelinsurance.co.uk/privacy-statement/
Great Lakes Insurance SE, policy underwriter: https://www.munichre.com/glise/en/general/privacy.html
Taurus Insurance Services, administrator: https://www.taurus.gi/Privacy
Pay360 by Capita, Merchant Card Payment services provider: https://www.pay360.com/privacy
DAS, Legal Expenses Insurer: https://www.das.co.uk/legal/privacy-statement
Liberty Mutual Insurance Europe SE, Financial Failure insurer: https://www.libertyspecialtymarkets.com/gb-en/privacy-and-cookies
Contacting us about your data
You can request any personal details Oasis Insurance holds about you at any time or if you’d like to contact us regarding your data: Email: email@example.com